Considering investing in a closet renovation or addition but aren’t sure where to start?
An effectively designed closet can help you streamline each step of your morning routine and improve the market value of your home.
Take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions about closet renovations to give you a better idea of what you’re looking for:
- What are the advantages of a walk-in closet? Since a walk-in closet provides a space for changing in addition to storing clothes and shoes, you’ll require less storage furniture, such as dressers, in your bedroom. You can opt to add a door to the walk-in closet for extra privacy or go without to create an expanded sense of space in your bedroom.
- Are walk-in closets more expensive than reach-ins? Walk-in and walk-through closets can be a more cost-effective option if you opt not to have extra extrusions or doors installed as a part of your renovation.
- How much space does a walk-in closet require? You’ll need an additional square yard of walk-in space for each yard of your reach-in closet. For example, if your reach-in closet is 8 square yards, you’ll require a space of at least 16 square yards to accommodate a walk-in. With anything less, you may be better off investing in a big reach-in closet
- How should I illuminate my walk-in closet? The best method is to allow natural light to shine into your walk-in closet through a window or skylight. However, if these additions aren’t in the cards, electric overhead lighting is a great alternative to natural light.
- What are the advantages of a reach-in closet? Reach-in closets can help smaller spaces seem larger because they decrease the extent of floor space occupied by bedroom furniture. If your room is small, opt for sliding closet doors instead of styles that open outward. In addition, opting for mirrored doors can assist in making a small room feel more spacious.
- Does a walk-in closet require ventilation? Walk-in closets needs ventilation just as any other room does. A properly ventilated walk-in closet will help retain the freshness of your attire, so sure that there is enough hanging space to allow air to circulate effectively.
- How can I optimize the space of my closet? Investing in open shelves is a great way to efficiently leverage the room you have in your closet. Make sure to position them at an accessible height with drawer space underneath for additional storage space.
Are you ready to move forward with your closet renovation? Call us today!